What's Your Favorite Quote(s)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MsJacquiiC, Oct 5, 2012.

1. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Poetica Magnifique Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    So - I think everyone knows we're crazy for quotes here at JPiC Forum. Here's a thread for you to share your favorites. Hope you will also feel compelled to ==> add 'em to the JPiC Potent Quoteables!

Click the Add a Quotation link and complete the formfield :yes:

J.

Tags:
  2. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    I'll start = Here are a few of my favorites:
    • Nothing stinks like a pile of unpublished writing. ~ Sylvia Plath

• Humor is laughing at what you haven’t got when you ought to have it. ~ Langston Hughes

• Beauty for some provides escape, who gain a happiness in eyeing the gorgeous buttocks of the ape or Autumn sunsets exquisitely dying. ~ Langston Hughes

3. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Samuel Johnson quotes are poignant pieces of literary love. Here's a couple of my favorites.
    • “Those authors who would find many readers, must endeavor to please while they instruct.” ~ Samuel Johnson
    • “Invention is almost the only literary labor which blindness cannot obstruct.” ~ Samuel Johnson

4. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    So - I've been inspired to personal quote:

• “Sometimes we must dwell in our own heartbreak before we can truly live in a world that would see our heart forever-broken and never mended. I think it's called survival of the fittest.” --- Jacquii Cooke | inspired by post at It Was Already One-sided
    • “I'd rather the man who is in love with me -- the world thinking him the most foolish of fools -- than the one who knows not the value of being conceptually and wholly and foolishly in love. For the man who knows not the plight of walking in love is either footless, too-smart (yet unaware), dead or he's woman.” --- Jacquii Cooke | inspired by post at Whenever Love Becomes A Game
    Who's next? Post your favorites!

J.

5. Medora

Medora
    Surrender
    Oct 1, 2012
    Male
    California
    Here is a recent quotation that made me laugh from one of my favorite singer-songwriters:

"It doesn't feel natural for me to write some diary type song. I want to write a classic like Yesterday but weird songs about meatballs in refrigerators come into my head -- I can't help it."
    -- Regina Spektor, American singer-songwriter, in Rolling Stone magazine issue 694, September 2009. "New York Screwball Pop Queen" by Jenny Eliscu, page18.

6. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Ha! This is almost exactly what happened to me yesterday when I started a poem about inspirational people in my life. Needless to say - the poem is as of now unfinished :LOL:

7. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    "You are strong when you know your weaknesses. You are beautiful when you appreciate your flaws. You are wise when you learn from your mistakes." --- quote from an unknown genius WHO apparently thinks that I am a strong, yet beautiful fool. :girlwacko:

8. generation.boom

generation.boom
    May 21, 2013
    Male
    I just love this quote because it perfectly matches with my personality..............
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Draft saved Draft deleted