Administrator Note The World Lost A Champion Today

Discussion in 'News Announcements' started by MsJacquiiC, May 28, 2014.

1. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Poetica Magnifique Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    "I have come through so many challenges because of love."
    --- Maya Angelou​

Loosely translated to this: I have come through so many challenges despite hate!...

Today, this somber 28th of May 2014 - The world has lost a phenomenal woman. Dr. Angelou inspired more than mere poetic revolution with her laser-focus squarely aimed on the positive ==> BECAUSE OF LOVE... as opposed to INSPITE OF THE HATE.

The world has lost an IMMENSE champion of humanity today. Today the world has lost someone who inspired us to do better and become better people, individuals worthy of overcoming life's various obstacles, ultimately experiencing life's triumphant joy.

Dr. Maya Angelou was a remarkable Renaissance woman who is hailed as one of the greatest voices of contemporary literature. Born on April 4th, 1928, Dr. Angelou experienced the brutality of racial discrimination, but soared above it all as she absorbed the unshakable faith and values of traditional African-American family, community, and culture.

As a poet, educator, historian, best-selling author, actress, playwright, civil-rights activist, producer and director, she traveled the world, spreading her legendary wisdom. Within the rhythm of her poetry and elegance of her prose lies Angelou's unique power to help readers of every orientation span the lines of race. Angelou captivated audiences through the vigor and sheer beauty of her words and lyrics.

Simply put - her life is a testimony which defines the concept of perseverance.

--------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------

My personal sentiments:

As a caged bird... I IMPLORE you. Take the steel bars from your cage and make a deliriously joyful noise with them. Sound off as if they are instruments even. And if it offends - rattle louder and louder! And shall anyone ask what you ARE doing.... Tell them, "I AM SINGING! I AM MAKING MUSIC."

Thank you Dr. Maya Angelou for being innovative inspiration. Thank you indeed!
    And may you rest forever in peace.

J.

Tags:
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted