Testimony

Discussion in 'Inspiring Novelists' started by butchiesmom, Dec 28, 2012.

1. butchiesmom

butchiesmom
    Depressed
    JPiC Premium VIP Member Premium VIP
    Keirn has returned to Asailia to claim his granddaughter from Mara. She is perverse enough to deny the child to him though she doesn't want her. He has brought his claim to the Asailian Council.
    Council member—Only one person has a legitimate claim to the child thus will only one person has a legitimate claim to the child. Mrs. Mayweather, you laid claim to the child ten years ago. You claimed you found the infant abandoned while returning from a birthing ten years ago. Is that correct?

Keirn—Yes, Councilman Lukry.

Council member—Mr. Keirn. You have sworn before this council the child, Eilea Mayweather is actually your grandchild, Eilea [ ], child of your daughter, Brinn, who was claimed by the Leori, ten years ago.

Keirn—Yes, that is true.

Council member—If what you claim is correct, how did the child, Eilea Mayweather, come to be in the custody of Mrs. Mayweather?

Keirn—Mrs. Mayweather assisted my daughter, Brinn, in the birthing of Eilea. She was also there when the Leori helped Brinn ascend into her new life.

Council member—Are we to understand a Leori appeared to your daughter and brought her from our world to his? Were you in the room when it happened?

Keirn—No.

Council member—Then this is matter of your word against hers. Is there anyone else who can back up your claim?

Keirn—Yes. She was not the only person there when it happened. Mae Warren attended Mrs. Mayweather in the birthing. I was informed Mrs. Warren was there only to assist in the birthing to end her midwife apprenticeship. She witnessed the ascent of my daughter.

Mara—He lies. Mrs. Warren ended her apprenticeship that morning and left for her home that afternoon. She wasn't anywhere near that place when his daughter crossed. You can ask her yourself, she'll speak the truth.

Council member—Mrs. Mayweather please remain silent and seated. You will have a chance to speak.
    Mae

Council member—Is Mrs. Warren here today?

Keirn—Yes. She will speak of what actually happened that night.

Council member—Mrs. Warren are you willing to speak of the night in question?

Mae—Yes, Councilman.

Council member—Did you attend the birthing of Brinn's child that day?

Mae—Yes, I did.

Council member—Would you say the testimony of Mrs. Mayweather is truthful?

Mae—No.

Council member—Would you say the testimony of Mr. Keirn is truthful?

Mae—Only so much as he was told by Mrs. Mayweather.

Council member—Please enlighten us, Mrs. Warren

Mae—Mrs. Mayweather was right, Brinn did cross that night leaving the child behind. What she omitted was the appearance of a Leori just as the woman took her last breath.

I was about to give the infant to her mother when her aura appeared. I'd heard there was some people who had such a thing but thought of it as some old wives tale so it came as quite a shock to me as I watch a bluish tinge came over her body. Then she stopped breathing. There wasn't anything we could do to bring her back though we tried.

What came next took our breath away.

Council member—What do you mean by that?

Mae—Mrs. Brinn's specter rose from her body just as another spirit materialized in the room. It was quite a surprise to see two specters in one day considering I'd never seen one before. Anyway. The specter walked over to her and offered its hand to her. She didn't take it right away though. She reached out for her child first. I could feel her hand as she tried to touch her baby but it went right through her and me since I was holding her at the time.

The child glowed—I swear it to be true—just as blue as her mamma when her hand went through it. The baby stopped crying when her mamma kissed her head. I swear I felt something when Mrs. Brinn's hand passed through us both. I ain't never felt nothing like that before or since. It's the birthing I have never forgotten.

Mrs. Mayweather took the infant to Mr. Keirn after that. She titled me midwife then sent me home from there.

Council member—Is there anything else you want to related to this matter?

Mae—No, Mr. Councilman.

Council member—Are you willing to swear this before the Council and the Leori who witness all? What you have related to us all you have witnessed here is the truth?

Mae—Yes I am.

Council member—You may be seated.

Council member—Mr. Keirn. Is there more you want to add before Mrs. Mayweather has her turn to witness?

Keirn—Yes.

Keirn—I saw the glow outside the cottage and knew what happened. Mrs. Mayweather brought the child to me and claimed the child's birth had been a peaceful one and that her mother had been able to hold her child before she crossed. Yet when I went to witness the shell left behind by Brinn, Mrs. Warren spoke of the stress between the women and the words exchanged between them. The actual birth was not peaceful and that mother and daughter did not make contact before she crossed.

Since it was the place of a young crossing, I was legally bound to burn both the house and her shell inside.

I saw the Patrol arrive just as the fire was almost out.

Council member—They can testify to your presence there?
    Mara
    Council member—Mrs. Mayweather, we are given to understand that you have a different view of what happened the night, Mr. Keirn's daughter crossed over Would you please tell us?

This is only a rough outline of the eventual scene and incomplete as to the testimony. I'm open to any and all suggestions. I can give the back story to anyone who is curious.

Tags:
  2. JONATHAN

JONATHAN
    Digging it
    living not existing. Staff Member
    Feb 15, 2007
    Male
    Kolkata India
    Can you change the font mam ... I'm overworked lately and trying to read this hurts my eyes .. I'm gonna come back to check if I can read this later on.

3. butchiesmom

butchiesmom
    Depressed
    Mam? :pointlaugh: Honey, there's no need to be polite with me. I've changed the font to times new roman, I hope it helps. Mam? Good grief! My online sisters will be laughing when they see this, lmao. :roflmao:

4. JONATHAN

JONATHAN
    Digging it
    living not existing. Staff Member
    Feb 15, 2007
    Male
    Kolkata India
    It definitely builds a curiosity in the reader to know the back story to this piece however this is taut writing and I guess the fictional fantasy is a genre that works well now ...

5. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Poetica Magnifique Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    I wonder - what is a "Leori"
    But anyway - wow - this is some strong dialogue. I agree with JONATHANJONATHAN that simply reading this passage, breeds in the reader our inherent curiosity which most definitely demands to know what proceeded the dialogue.

I'm definitely a fantasy fiction/ sci-fi type of gal and this reads as only one tiny piece of what could be a wonderful sequence of events. Dang girl - I wish you wrote in linear fashion Big Sis! I want to know the backstory!!!! :yes:

I remember bits and parts - but its as if looking at the puzzle pieces, not sure how they all fit, completing the puzzle. But I like what I've read thus far. This definitely seems like a novel I'd buy for reading pleasure!

How far are you along to completing this work?

Anyway - thanks for the share!

6. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    I want to read more of this story Butchie...... please send more??

7. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Poetica Magnifique Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Gail's got several parts of the novel posted -- Check for posts in Inspiring Novelists and/or Short Stories sub-forums ;)
    I just wish she wrote in a more linear fashion so that we could read the parts as a whole from point a to z LOL

J.

8. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow

Great! Just what I wanted to read, as I want to read more of the story...I'm intrigued! Thanks Gail...looking good!

Draft saved Draft deleted