Spark Your Creativity #19 (Poetry / Prose Runway)

Discussion in 'Creativity Outlet' started by PaintedDiary, Feb 24, 2008.

1. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow
    Tags:
  2. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow
    I am a HUGE fan of PROJECT RUNWAY and this challenge was inspired by that show.

I LOVE the sentimental and poetic side of fashion. Fashion and writing are forms of ART, and often times compliment. Styles change with the passing of years and just like your favorite old song, can take you back to a different time and trigger memories.

As a young girl, I can remember dressing up in my mother's dresses and feeling like a princess. If I see that style of dress today, it triggers sweet memories. Fashion enables us to express our personalities and often times reveals to others how we feel about ourselves.

Many of us can look through our closets and point out an outfit by tying it to a specific event in our lives.

For example....This is the dress that I wore when I first met your father. Or....I was wearing that top when my friend passed away. Certain clothes can trigger exuberant, romantic, childlike and many other types of memories of the memory spectrum. Fashion is such an artistic expression of what is inside.

Having said that.....

The Objective of the Challenge:

The challenge is to go back to a memory(ies) inspired by a fashion trend(s) and share poems and or short stories & essays with us about those memories, OR share a recent fashion inspired piece.

You can write as many poems, short stories, and essays as you like based on the same fashion trend or mix it up, and write different poems, short stories, or essays based on different fashion trends.

I have included some photos to help trigger some memories, and many will not need this. However, it was fun gathering the images and should be fun to view.

Challenge Stipulations:

1} The NAME of the fashion trend MUST be included in your poem(s) or prose pieces.

Examples include and are not limited to: Low rise jeans, hip huggers, zoot suit, gothic, pleather, baggy sweater, 70's flare, dance wear, shoulder pads, jeans & tee, poodle skirt, yuppie wear, executive bytch suit as I call it..lol, designer sweat suits, (leather jacket, jeans & tee), 50’s day dress, cut outs, underwear as outer wear, shoulder pads, and etc.

2} You’re poem (s) can be any style. Rhyming or non-rhyming, free style, a specific poetic form and etc.

3} You’re poem (s) are to be NO MORE than 20 lines.

4} You're short story (ies) or essay (s) must stay within a 300-word maximum.

5} The poem (s) or short story (ies) or essay (s) must radiate with the feeling of the fashion trend of which inspired the creation.

6} Have FUN! Looking forward to reading all the memories inspired by fantabulous FASHION!

{{{~~~***Painted***~~~}}} :)

Attached Files:

3. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Poetica Magnifique Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Oh this looks SWEET KIM! Thanx for posting, as I know I have a few memories of the Executive Bitch Suit LOL - In fact I remember my 1st interview with USPS - nice suit actually - short skirt - but didn't have any stockings/hose - so instead I wore fishnets :LOL:

Anyway - this should be interesting to see the poetry that comes from this challenge! Nice job!

Jacquii.

4. butchiesmom

butchiesmom
    Depressed
    JPiC Premium VIP Member Premium VIP
    I have a picture of one of my sisters wearing a pair of hip hugger bell bottom pants four of us could wear. Hmm! I'm thinking of something...lol.

hugs,
    Gail

5. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow
    LOL @ Gail....thank you so much for responding Gail...can't wait!

Kim :)

6. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Hmmm - I was actually thinking of doing a "gothic" type piece that would include the inspirations from Chris' Project Runway Finale project... He included human hair extentions in many of his pieces that really looked like a "new" type of fur - I thought it was quite innovative actually.

Jacquii.

7. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow
    Thanks Ms Jacquii...glad you like the challenge, and it was so much fun putting together!

I too was inspired from the "Gothic" look and have included an image of his dress with safety pins and human hair as an attachment for ya!

I also included another dress from Chris, and is one of my favorites that I titled "black widow" as an attachment for you to view! ;):clapping:

I thought his season finale collection was fresh, innovative, artistic, creative, and provocative!

8. solo

solo
    Jan 25, 2008
    so where do we put our efforts?
    :)

9. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Right in the thread :)
    And navigating is not so difficult really - especially when you get the hang of it - quite simple actually - Anyway SOLO - we have a couple of Tutorial Vids that might help you a bit with navigating and such: Check it out ----> JPiC Video Tutorials - Poetry in Color Forum

Jacquii.

10. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Where the HELL is all the participation??????

Anyway - I wrote a poem for this challenge yesterday - It's actually inspired from the Project Runway finale - the gothic inspired collection of Chris' - Thanx for the challenge KIM and I HOPE TO SEE MORE PARTICIPATION SOON

[​IMG]

12½ Minutes of Fabulous

He dressed her in black,
    an ebony avant-garde channeling
    of sweetest suede goth inspirations,
    and in that essential moment she aspired
    to be one with the Queen of the damned
    and evaporating smoke.

In shadowed whisper of blackest midnight
    splashes of charcoaled mahogany peeped through,
    an unsubtle and persistent and continental
    reminder of life having existed. She was wrapped
    in an undaunting sleek of satin;
    sheaths of faux-fur human hair extentions
    adorned the gown well. The shine
    of 8th hour safety pins abounded.
    That gown was an innovation of fierce
    glued to her skin
    as if a coveted graft from the undead.

Gothic inspirations indeed. Coy smile
    playing on her lips.

Painted powder-white, she glowed too,
    though her dark-lined lids a stark deja vu
    of blackest velvet undertones. The
    daytime didn't love her best.

I did.

Because in that moment
    (her twelve and a half minutes of fabulous)
    her very essense became beauty personified.

11. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow
    Oh Ms Jacquii....I LOVE THIS! It was new, fresh, and and yet played with your abstract side This is FIERCE! LOL

Your one liners such as....an ebony avant-garde channeling...oh my goodness...awesomeness.

Thank you sooo much for responding to my challenge! You have definitely set the bar and as I said in Chat...uhhhh...made me start over! LOLOL

Who would of thought...Human Hair and Black Safety Pins!?!?

Love the title also Ms. Jacquii!! :jiggy:.....I will share mine soon! :)

Kim

12. erikestabrook

erikestabrook
    Aug 6, 2006
    msJ this was fantastic

13. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    :yay: Thanx YAWL - it's my first poem in quite some time actually - Soooooo I'm very happy you like it! Thanx for the challenge too KIM - I'll be looking forward to your post AND E-DIZZY's post and others' response to your challenge as well!

Jacquii.

14. PaintedDiary

PaintedDiary
    Artistic
    JPiC Mentor Premium VIP
    Jun 23, 2006
    Female
    Channeling Rainbow
    Mine is coming.....Ms Jacquii you set the bar with another brilliant piece! I came back for probably a fifth read...lol....I printed this out and hung it on my wall! Fantabulously Fierce!......lol

15. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Ha! I had another read meself and I do very much like this write of mine. :jiggy:
    I thank ya very much MS KIM for your lovely comments and happy you like it too!
    Now - I'm looking forward to your write AND ERIK's write AND everyone elses write!
    It seems incredible to me that I'm the only one who has thus responded to this challenge :rolleyes:

JAcquii.

16. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    Truly ASTOUNDING.... Ms Jacquii I am eternally in AWE of your poetic brilliance. You quite poetically....... with your words ...... described.... a gothic queen. I didn't need the picture to see what you had written. I saw it in my mind. Truly Exquisite work Ms Jacquii.

Love Mysty

17. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Wow! Thank you very much MS MYSTY - I KNEW you'd like this piece. I'm so happy you like it - and yes - I didn't need the pic either - I had it in my mind's eye somehow and it was interesting to see that that EXACT picture was captured in the poem. Gothic Queen indeed ;)

Jacquii.

ps - now time for YOU, MS N & KIM and everyone else to scribe to the challenge! :yes3:
    I'm looking forward to it - there's so many different styles - so many different writes that can come out of this challenge.

Draft saved Draft deleted