ANGER

Discussion in 'Spoken Word & Freestyle' started by Mysty, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    JPiC Premium VIP Member Premium VIP
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    Anger
    speaks deep inside of me,
    holy voices damning thee.
    Hatred twists all I see
    and I have to kick it out
    to be free.

Vituperative visions
    of all that is hate
    and now I am feeling great
    as I discover
    happiness is underrated.

Freedom comes with a cost
    not a happy thought though.
    Why does it always have to hurt?
    Forgiveness is divine
    and still angered I call you Mine.

Am I now free.... yes free.
    I am free of Anger.

©2012 Mysty Johnson

Tags:
  2. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Poetica Magnifique Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Hmmm - interesting read. I don't know if I agree that happiness is overrated though. I know in fact I don't. For me - happiness is something to aspire towards - to emulate. Had the whole of society be walking around emulating happiness - the world would blossom like honeysuckle in a Tennessee spring....is what I think anyway. Rainbows abound :rainbow:

However - getting to your last couplet (anger-free) - I must say whatever you're doing is working for you = keep it up. Because there are a lot of anger-heads walking about - perhaps their Vituperative visions of all that is hate ((love the phrase btw)) is keeping them bogged down...?

Anyway - nice write - made me think a bit. Thanks for the share ;)

J.

3. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    Thank you again Ms Jaquii .... it is always wonderful to hear from you. Maybe I should change overrated to underrated?? What do you think?

4. stardust

stardust
    Angelic
    Aug 27, 2006
    Hi Ms. Mysty,:peace:
    "Anger" is the title of your poem. I am glad that you don't feel angry.
    Anyway, it is a short portrait of a beautiful poem from your poetic heart.
    Thank you, Mysty for sharing your talent with the world!
    Blessings,
    Starry.:giftrose:

5. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    Thank you so very much Stardust :) I have so missed talking to you over the past few years ... but I am back now and hope to be here daily.

6. stardust

stardust
    Angelic
    Aug 27, 2006
    Oh! Thank you, sweet Mysty for your gentle reply!:peace:
    I miss you too!
    I hope we can meet in Facebook. You can send me a friend request, if you wish.
    Send me a private message, and I'll tell you my pen name there.
    I am looking forward to seeing you, and doing some CHAT with you again.
    All the Best,
    Starry.:giftrose:

7. Wind

Wind
    Confused
    WindXSaul
    Feb 8, 2012
    Female
    Dallas
    Wonderful.
    I really enjoyed this part.
    Freedom comes with a cost
    not a happy thought though.
    Why does it always have to hurt?
    Forgiveness is divine
    and still angered I call you Mine.

8. LE00EL

LE00EL
    Spaced
    Oct 23, 2012
    Male
    I agree with wind, those lines really epitomized the literature Mysty... an eloquent piece indeed.:tup:

[​IMG]

9. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    I think the small revision really changed the tone of the poem actually. Going from "happiness is underrated" to being "free from anger" makes more sense to me. :yes:

10. JONATHAN

JONATHAN
    Digging it
    living not existing. Staff Member
    Feb 15, 2007
    Male
    Kolkata India
    I think happiness is infact overrated, I think detachment is more of an important goal to aspire towards than happiness and joy which are nothing but temporary states of the mind, it would surely be enlightening to achieve a state of detachment where we can separate ourselves from both joy and sorrow.

11. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    Happiness is something that is achieved within oneself Jonathan. To expect a person other than ourselves, to make us happy is indeed courting disappointment. I am 50 yrs old now and have learned a lot in the last few years. I am not rich per say if you think about millions and billions....... But I am rich in that I have a roof over my head and food and medications, and I have two of the best children anyone could have been blessed with. I need nothing else but lol would love to win the lotto. Other than that I am happy now and that happiness springs from within. It is a process to be learned. If you want to know how just msg me lol

12. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Interesting post to be sure. I disagree though - Being in a detached state of mind will not allow for the intimacy which *I think* all humans want: connectivity to the next person. It's connectivity that we seek - or that I seek anyway.

I as what some would call a detached person tend to see the world differently than others (so I tell myself). And what I see - is a world of intentionally connected people continuously seeking happiness, joy and the like. They are most thwarted from this goal by those who'd (although intentionally connected) rather be bogged down in the muck of sorrow.

Make sense?

13. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Ditto that lotto money winnings!!!!!!!!!
    I'm fond of the school of thought that dictates people are born innately knowing a few things: the difference between right and wrong, and likewise, how happiness feels and how sorrow feels. Generally the bulk of us tends to seek out right and happiness. And indeed - it is within! :goodpost:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  14. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    Amen Ms Jacquii :) took me long enough to learn that lol.

15. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Child Honey! I'm still learning LOL

16. JONATHAN

JONATHAN
    Digging it
    living not existing. Staff Member
    Feb 15, 2007
    Male
    Kolkata India
    I could be wrong ... Damn Yea I am but when I use the term detachment If I could elaborate I would say its more acheiving a state of peace with, within and around oneself and as you clearly point out Mysty .. then we can be content with what we have, persevere to acheive only what we truly need and detach ourselves from overrated notions of happiness like money, popularity or beauty and the sorrow of being at a lack of any of these .. Unhappy people are not the ones who havent found happiness but the ones who dont have a damn clue what it is or are unfortunately looking in the wrong places.

17. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Ah! Okay... Thanks for the elaboration and clarification! I understand what you mean by detachment as a specific peace within now. Almost like the sense one gets when meditating I imagine: eyes on the prize and nothing but the prize; peace through the enlightened state of simply not being bogged down in 'worldly' things. Almost a Buddhist principle...Maybe.

18. Mysty

Mysty
    Artistic
    Nov 1, 2006
    Female
    Canadian Prairies
    I think I have that peace within now as I am truly happier than I was ten years ago. I learned that no one but me can make me happy and that it was no ones responsibility but my own to do so. I shy away from battles now as I can't seem to take the stress anymore. I value my alone time .....my detachment time as it is peaceful. In fact I rarely get angry anymore. I have mellowed within my aging .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC
    Provocative
    Jun 8, 2006
    Female
    Tennessee
    Ditto that! I suppose mellowing does come with aging. I know I've mellowed the past few years. Knowing when to 'pick a fight' and when not too.... Yeah - mellowing and wisdom comes with aging...

20. generation.boom

generation.boom
    May 21, 2013
    Male
    i am a very angry person but i want to change myself and i thin your great writing will help me allot to understand the things and make me a calm person.

Draft saved Draft deleted